Welcome to Aldent Smile Dentistry
At Aldent Smile Dentistry we know choosing a dentist can be a tough decision.
This is why when you chose us to care for your dental needs our highly qualified staff member use their gentle approach, and State of the art technology equipment giving you a great patient experience.
And most importantly we treat you like family going that extra mile to make sure you and your loved ones feel comfortable and well looked after.
At Aldent Smile we believe a healthy life, starts with a healthy smile.
“Your Smile is the reason we Smile”
You are always safe with us. We are ready to help any time.
Not everyone has the same dental needs, there for we don’t recommend the same treatment for everyone – dentistry is not a one size fits all.
Depending on your oral habits or dental needs, there are several things that can be done to protect your teeth. For example:
- If you’re a nail bitter, don’t bite your nails. This can cause chipping of the enamel.
- Don’t use your teeth to open stuff, this will also cause chipping.
- If you grind or clench your teeth, use a grinding appliance. Clenching and grinding can cause wearing down of the enamel and also effect your Jaw joint (TMJ)
- If you have large extensive fillings, we may recommend you get a crown to protect your tooth/teeth from further breaking down.
- Through diet we can also protect our teeth. Try eating less sugary foods &avoid sticky foods which can cause cavities. Avoid soda pop, acidic foods like sour candy, lemons, limes that can wear down your enamel.
As per the Canadian Dental Association, you should floss atleast once per day to prevent plaque from hardening into tartar.
For those people who smoke we ALWAYS encourage you to STOP smoking not only will it improve your over all health but dental health as well.
When you smoke not only do your teeth become yellow because of the nicotine but can give you bad breath, gum disease and further more affects the attachment of the bone (this leads to bone loss and loose teeth) and increased risk of developing oral cancer.